Sunday, August 1, 2010

Whopper Cookies

Recently I have been having a love affair with Whoppers malted milk balls. I'm not sure why it's a love affair, but the way that I feel when I eat them is close to what I think a love affair would feel like. I don't feel that way when I munch on my usual chocolate go-to M&Ms. Therefore it is a love affair. I hope that made sense to someone other than myself. I actually have a box right here next to me that I'm slowly munching on, dreading the moment when I reach my hand in and there is no more malty crunchy goodness. After I had purchased a few boxes at the market yesterday, I decided that instead of just eating them straight up, I would look for a simple whopper recipe online. Google led me to an incredibly simple and quick cookie baked with whoppers. The cookies themselves tasted really good. They were soft and chewy with a crunchy edge. Next time I would add more whoppers. It seemed like more of a sugar cookie with the occasional whopper as opposed to a whopper overload with a little cookie to back it up (like I was hoping). I can't really complain though. I got a genuinly good cookie out of it and was able to snack on whoppers while I was baking up the cookie and while I was enjoying the finished product. Maybe I should have made that whopper milkshake on the back of the box to go along with it. How freaking delicious does that sound?

Whopper Cookies
Recipe from Cast Sugar

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup roughly chopped Whoppers
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in milk and vanilla, then gradually blend in the flour mixture. Do not overmix; stir only until no streaks of flour remain.
4. Stir in the chopped Whoppers
5. Drop into 1-inch balls (tbsp.-sized balls) on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until lighty browned.
6. Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

5 comments:

  1. I would love a Whopper cookie too. Sounds like a fabulous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...this is my kind of affair! talk about unconditional love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way....I am making these soon my friend...amazing. xoxoxo Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, I love whoppers...the cookies sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how scrumptious! Have you tried the new pretzel m&ms? Can't wait to make cookies with those.

    ReplyDelete