Friday, August 6, 2010

Triple Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie

Today was the kind of day that needed a cookie. The kind of day that begged me for a chewy, chocolatey, straight out of the oven little piece of heaven. As I sit here updating my blog, watching 17 Again (judge me later), and taking little bites of this delicious morsel of flavor.. I realize that this is the highlight of my day. This single cookie has made my day. Keeping in mind that today is a Friday aka the gateway to the weekend and that I got paid today, well, that says a lot about this cookie- don't you think?

Triple Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 salt
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, mixing only until the dough comes together. Do not overmix.
5. With a large wooden spoon or spatula stir in the rolled oats followed by the chocolate chips.
6. Spoon the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet about two inches apart and bake for about 14 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned aorund the edges but still soft and puffy in the middle. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through the baking time.

3 comments:

  1. Every single time I visit you I want to get out my baking supplies as whip up your yummy treats...especially these today..chocolate chip cookies are my fav! Happy Monday. xoxoxo Thanks for all the joy you bring my family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combination of white and semi sweet chips sounds like heaven to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I am so going to make these very very soon!

    ReplyDelete