1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon table salt
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
6 ounces good-quality white chocolate bar, chopped
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and table salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside
3. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula, then add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down bowl again. Add flour mixture gradually and mix until just incorporated and smooth. Gradually add oats and white chocolate and mix until well incorporated.
4. Divide dough into 24 equal portions, each about 2 tablespoons. Roll between palms into balls, then place on lined baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
6. Sprinkle a flake or two of sea salt on each cookie
7. Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, about 13 to 16 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through.